Following the first Connecting Europe Facility – Digital (CEF Digital) call for proposals at the beginning of 2022, the Commission selected seven projects that will deploy 5G connectivity and enable innovative use cases for public services and services of general interest.
The selected 5G for Smart Communities projects have started in Q1 2023 with a timeframe of 3 years. They will serve as European best practices, demonstrating what the deployment of 5G networks can bring to various sectors of society.
- 5G4ASSAC: 5G for a Smart Sicilian Academic Campus
- 5G4UH: 5G for University Hospital
- 5GAGRIHUB: 5G MPN AgriTech HUB
- CONNECTOW: 5G Connectivity for Wavre
- Flanders Smart Fields: 5G rural coverage for innovative healthcare services in the Westhoek
- Hi5: High Connectivity via 5G
- PPDR 5G: Establishing 5G based Public Protection and Disaster Relief broadband (PPDR BB) services on the EU external Schengen border